Master's - BUMMP Research Apprenticeship Program
BUMMP research scholarships will be awarded to students pursuing research during the Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters of the academic year, with a preference to support students with financial need and/or students who are first generation to attend college. This scholarship is intended to expose students to cutting-edge research taking place in labs at UC San Diego under the guidance of a principal investigator. If awarded in the Fall, recipients will be receive $1500 per quarter, totaling $4500 per academic year.
- Majoring in a degree within Biological Sciences, or a related field (general biology, bioengineering, etc).
- Be a member of the BUMMP program. Click here for more information on how to register for the BUMMP program.
- Be involved in the mentorship portion of BUMMP
- Have a faculty member during the application period who will guide them in their research. If you do not have a research advisor, please reach out to us for help in identifying a research lab.
- Currently working toward a Master’s degree.
- Any citizenship status
Requirements if student is selected as one of the recipients of the award
- Be able to commit to 10-12 hours of research per week during the quarter in which you receive your scholarship.
*Must be an active mentee in BUMMP which includes: meeting with BUMMP mentor twice per quarter, completing mentor participation forms, attend BUMMP GBMs, attend two professional development events per academic year.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at UCSD.
- Submit a summary of their project (a paper, poster presentation, oral presentation, or creative product) by the end of the academic year during which they receive their scholarship.
- Fill out an exit survey after the completion of BRAP
Application will open: Monday, October 2, 2023
Application and faculty’s statement of support will be due: Monday, November 13, 2023
Extensions or exceptions to the application deadlines will not be granted under any circumstances, including the unavailability of the proposed instructor at the time the application is due. Applicants are encouraged to plan accordingly.
For more information about the BUMMP program, please visit bummpucsd.org
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please reach out to BUMMP at firstname.lastname@example.org