- $2800 stipend plus housing, GRE prep, workshops, seminars
- Supplemental Questions
UC Scholars - Information about your letter of recommendation writerYour application will not be complete until a letter of recommendation is received (only one letter is needed). Please provide the name and contact information of your letter writer below. Once you save the UC Scholars portion of the application, the letter writer will receive instructions about how to submit the letter of recommendation online (you can save your application without submitting it). *We strongly recommend that applicants contact potential letter writers in advance to confirm that they will be able to write a letter and complete the required form on the applicant's behalf.* Saving your application will automatically send the letter request to your letter writer, so be sure to contact him/her in advance. Letters from faculty are preferred. Letters from supervisors in research-focused industry or organizations are also acceptable.
Because letter writers will only receive information about the letter of recommendation *after* you have saved your UC Scholars portion of the application, it is important that you do so as soon as possible so that your letter writer will have sufficient time to complete the letter by the deadline of February 4th, 2019.
- a. Recommender's name (first and last) and email address
- b. Recommender's department
- c. Recommender's institution/university
- If you transferred to UC San Diego, when was your first quarter here (please list quarter and year)?
- UC Program Participation
- a. Have you ever participated in any of the below-listed programs at the University of California? If 'None of the above' please so indicate.
- b. Other (please specify; if no other programs, please enter n/a)
UC Scholars - Personal StatementPlease upload a personal statement explaining your research interests and why you would like to participate in this program.
In 500 words or less state your purpose in applying to the UC Scholars Program at UC San Diego. Describe in detail a specific area in which you plan to pursue graduate study and your future career goals. You may want to include any additional information that might aid the selection committee in evaluating your preparation, potential, and aptitude for doing research. This is also a good opportunity to explain how you overcame obstacles, achieved academic goals, and/or conditions that may have adversely impacted your academic advancement in college.
- Are there any responses that you feel need clarification? For instance, if you indicated that one of your parents received a college degree, but that person was a non-custodial parent with whom you had few interactions, you could indicate that here.