Faculty Mentor Program/Emergency Medicine Research Associates Program
The Faculty Mentor Program/Emergency Medicine Research Associates Program is a joint program through the Faculty Mentor Program (FMP) and the Department of Emergency Medicine. This program was created to expand research opportunities for students interested in careers in medicine or a future in clinical research. Students receive independent student credit (199) through the Department of Emergency Medicine. The program may not be taken for credit through the Department of Biological Sciences (BISP 199).
*Students who are accepted into the program must be eligible to become a UCSD Health Volunteer and complete training by winter break. *
- Four units of DEM 199 credit for winter and spring quarters (8 credits total).
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write your cover letter to the Emergency Medicine selection committee below. The cover letter and supplemental questions will be used to assess applicants so please provide complete and thoughtful responses.
- Are you currently a UCSD Health volunteer?
- This program requires a two-Quarter, 10 hour a week commitment, which may include weekend shifts. Will you be available to make this commitment Winter and Spring Quarters?
- Statement of interest
- How comfortable are you talking to new people in person or on the phone?
- Why are you applying to the Faculty Mentor Program/Emergency Medicine Research Associates Program?
- Do you have any clinical research experience (not a program requirement)? If so, please describe. Also describe any skills or personal strengths that you think would make you a good researcher.
- Do you have any experience with patients in a clinical setting (not a program requirement)? If so, please describe.
- What are your research interests?
- Please identify any coursework/classes you have completed that are relevant to your research interests.
- Is there any additional information about you that yourself that you would like a potential mentor to know?
- How did you hear about the Research Associate Program?
- Check here to give your permission to have the information above sent to the Emergency Medicine Research Associate faculty.
- Confirmation of accuracy
- Show 9 more