Faculty Mentor Program (FMP) Student Application
The Faculty Mentor Program (FMP) is a dual quarter program that offers participating students the opportunity to get 199 credit for conducting research with the close guidance of a faculty mentor in their field. Please see below for guidelines and requirements for the academic year 2020-2021, which are different from usual:
While the program is typically open to students with junior and senior standing, this year, we are also open to first- and second-year students.
Otherwise, the usual requirements for applying to the program apply:
- Students must have a GPA of 2.7 or higher (students on the cusp of this threshold are encouraged to reach out to the FMP coordinator to discuss eligibility).
- Interested students are responsible for finding their own mentors. However, we offer guidance and resources, and if students are having problems finding a mentor, we encourage you to reach out to the FMP coordinator.
- Students must be able to conduct research for a minimum of 2 consecutive quarters, whether Fall+Winter or Winter+Spring. Students my opt to conduct research for all 3 quarters during the academic year.
- Students must participate in the FMP Symposium during Spring 2021.
- Students must attend required program seminars and activities and participate in workshops throughout each quarter.
Questions? Contact Dr. Claire Kim, FMP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org