Undergraduate - BUMMP Research Apprenticeship Program
BUMMP quarterly scholarships were designed to support low-income, first-generation college students, and students from groups underrepresented in graduate education, pursuing research during the Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters of the academic year. This scholarship is intended to expose students to cutting-edge research taking place in labs at UCSD under the guidance of a principal investigator.
- Must self-declare at least one of the following:
URM, LGBTQ+ and/or disability status as defined by the NIH
First-generation college status
- Majoring in a degree within Biological Sciences, or a related field (general biology, bioengineering, etc).
- Be a member of the BUMMP program. Click here for more information on how to register for the BUMMP program.
- Be involved in the mentorship portion of BUMMP
- Have a faculty member during the application period who will guide them in their research. If you do not have a research advisor, please reach out to us for help in identifying a research lab.
- Currently working toward a Bachelor’s degree.
- Any citizenship status
Requirements if student is selected as one of the recipients of the award
- Be able to commit to 10-12 hours of research per week during the quarter in which you receive your scholarship.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at UCSD.
- Present research project at the BUMMP Annual Research Symposium during Spring quarter 2023.
- Fill out an exit survey after the completion of BRAP
Application will open: Monday, October 17, 2022
Application and faculty’s statement of support will be due: Sunday, January 8, 2023
Extensions or exceptions to the application deadlines will not be granted under any circumstances, including the unavailability of the proposed instructor at the time the application is due. Applicants are encouraged to plan accordingly.
For more information about the BUMMP program, please visit bummpucsd.org
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please reach out to BUMMP at email@example.com