Master's - BUMMP Research Apprenticeship Program
BUMMP quarterly scholarships were designed to support low-income, first-generation college students, and students from groups underrepresented in graduate education, pursuing research during the Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters of the academic year. This scholarship is intended to expose students to cutting-edge research taking place in labs at UCSD under the guidance of a principal investigator.
- Must self-declare at least one of the following:
URM, LGBTQ+ and/or disability status as defined by the NIH
First-generation college status
- Majoring in a degree within Biological Sciences, or a related field (general biology, bioengineering, etc).
- Be a member of the BUMMP program. Click here for more information on how to register for the BUMMP program.
- Be involved in the mentorship portion of BUMMP
- Have a faculty member during the application period who will guide them in their research. If you do not have a research advisor, please reach out to us for help in identifying a research lab.
- Currently working toward a Master’s degree.
- Any citizenship status
Requirements if student is selected as one of the recipients of the award
- Be able to commit to 10-12 hours of research per week during the quarter in which you receive your scholarship.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at UCSD.
- Submit a summary of their project (a paper, poster presentation, oral presentation, or creative product) by the end of the academic year during which they receive their scholarship.
- Fill out an exit survey after the completion of BRAP
- Application will open: Monday, January 30, 2023
- Application and faculty’s statement of support will be due: Sunday, April 2, 2023
Extensions or exceptions to the application deadlines will not be granted under any circumstances, including the unavailability of the proposed instructor at the time the application is due. Applicants are encouraged to plan accordingly.
For more information about the BUMMP program, please visit bummpucsd.org
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please reach out to BUMMP at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Student
- Supplemental Questions
- Explain how your participation in the BUMMP program will help you achieve your educational and career goals.
- Explain what obstacles you have faced that have limited your ability to do research, participate in creative endeavors, or do community service projects. How will the BUMMP program help to alleviate these obstacles?
- Please indicate if you identify as the following: Select all that apply
- Please describe the project you would like to conduct in terms that can be understood by a non-expert audience.
- BUMMP requires students to submit a summary of their project (a paper, poster presentation, oral presentation, or creative product) by the end of the academic year during which they receive their scholarship. What will the outcome of your project be? Please keep in mind: the deadline to submit project deliverables for quarterly awards received during the current academic year is the end of the Spring quarter.
- Have you accepted a BUMMP scholarship in the past?
- Faculty Mentor Name
Please speak to your supporting professor for authorization before you begin your application
- Faculty Mentor Email Address
- Faculty Support
- Show 4 more